Persons running for any elected office must meet all seven of the following criteria:
- Must be a member in good standing with the national organization;
- Three years active membership and service to NABSE;
- Life or Subscribing Life Membership status;
- Attended a minimum of three of the last five National Conferences;
- Must hold membership in local or state Affiliate and or Commission;
- Should have shown other leadership experience;
- The candidate is present at the time of
Commission Chair and Secretary
The criteria for nomination to Commission Offices shall be as follows:
- The candidate must be a member in good standing of
- The candidate should have been a member of the Commission for three or more years, as evidenced by the official Commission attendance log.
- The candidate should have attended three or more Commission meetings with in a three-year
- The candidate is knowledgeable about the purpose and function of the Commission and has participated actively in its
- The candidate is present at the time of nomination.
The criteria for nomination as a Regional Representative shall be as follows:
- The candidate shall be a sitting Local Affiliate
- The candidate must be a member in good standing with
- The candidate should have attended three (3) or more conferences with the last five (5)
- The candidate is knowledgeable about the region and its
- The candidate is prepared to fulfill the mission of facilitating membership, communication, interaction, networking, and problem solving among its region’s Local Affiliate Presidents, and
- The candidate must be present at the time of
Regional Representatives are nominated and elected at the conference by their regional affiliate presidents. Successful candidates will take office at the end of the December 3-5. 2020 conference.
After you have verified that you meet the criteria for the office you are interested in, please complete and submit the Nominee Form (online at nabse.org) by November 24, 2020, to begin the vetting process. You will be notified of your qualification status.
NABSE’s BREAKING NEWS
A. Nominations for the following positions will be taken at the December 3-5, 2020 Virtual Conference.
Nominations will be taken at the 1st delegate assembly and 2 minutes speeches during the 2nd delegate assembly. Election will take place in the spring of 2021.
Nominations taken during commission meetings. Election will take place in the Spring of 2021.
B. Nomination and Election for Southwest Regional Representative, December 3, 2020.
Nominee must be present during Affiliate President’s Meeting.
If you are interested in running for any of the above positions, go to the NABSE.org website and:
*view the qualifications for each office
*complete the nomination form and return completed form with an electronic signature to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11-24-20.
*Register for the Virtual 48th NABSE Annual Conference and be in attendance during your commission, affiliate presidents meeting and both delegate assemblies.