Focusing on Innovation, Equity, and Social Emotional Learning
The National Alliance of Black School Educators' greatest conference priority and commitment is to protect the health, well-being and safety of all our members and participants. The NABSE 49th Annual Conference will take place over four days including the pre-conference. Participants will be able to join a variety of sessions and safely interact with exhibitors, presenters and other participants. Each participant retains the responsibility of exercising caution and care throughout the conference to foster a healthy and safe learning experience for all.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: NABSE members, supporters, superintendents, principals, school board members, education human resource professionals, deans, professors, education department heads, administrative/educational support staff, teachers, parents, curriculum specialists, students, clergy, employers, job seekers and any individual or organization concerned about the education of our nation’s children.
NABSE REGISTRATION RATES
|Student Non-Member**||$250 (*Verification required)|
|Student Member**||$200 (*Verification required)|
*Members with outstanding membership dues must complete and submit a membership renewal application. Persons whose membership dues are delinquent will be charged the Non-Member registration rate.
**Student membership/registration category applicable only to full-time students who are NOT employed. Valid student identification card must be presented on-site or higher registration rates will apply.
|Sister to Sister||$50|
|Brother to Brother||$50|
CONFERENCE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
5855 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90045
Hotel Registration Link: http://bit.ly/nabseconferencehotel
RATES AND PARKING
Room Rate - $181/night - Reservations for the Event can be made by individual attendees directly with Marriott reservations at 1 (800) 228-9290 or (310) 641-5700.
DEADLINE: Reservations by attendees must be received on or before Sunday, October 17, 2021
Self Parking - $18.00/day
Complimentary airport shuttle from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
A deposit equal to one night's stay is required to hold each individual's reservation. Should a guest cancel a reservation, the deposit will be refunded if notice is received at least three (3) working days prior to arrival and a cancellation number are obtained.
Hotel Reservations are available for NABSE Conference Registered Attendees ONLY!
If you have made a hotel reservation and have not registered for the NABSE Conference, you have 48 hours to register, otherwise, your HOTEL reservation will be moved out of the NABSE room block rate and you will be charged the prevailing hotel rate. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Online conference registration is available at www.nabse.org through September 3, 2021 by purchase order and credit card only.
- Refunds must be submitted in writing to the NABSE Office to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail, postmarked no later than September 3, 2021. NO refunds will be issued after this date.
- Declined credit cards and unremitted POs may result in delayed registration.
- On-Site Registrants must come to the On-Site Registration booth to make any required payment in order to receive their registration materials and conference credentials.
- DO NOT SEND CASH
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted on-site for any conference fees under any circumstances.
- Attendees will not gain access to conference activities without remitting full payment and displaying conference credentials.
- A $50.00 service charge will be assessed on all refund requests before September 3, 2021.
- A $30.00 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed to transfer registration from one individual to another. Registration transfer requests must be submitted in writing by September 3, 2021.
- Conference badges must be worn in order to gain access to all functions
- The registrant’s full name and organization will appear on your conference credentials and registration documents exactly as it is provided on the registration form. Badges must be worn to all events.
- All registration and membership fees must be paid in full prior to receiving conference materials.
How To Prepare & What To Bring
- Laptops are frequently seen in use by conference attendees. This is strictly at the discretion of each conference attendee. WiFi will be available to all attendees throughout the event space and in guests rooms.
- Smartphones are a valuable resource during the conference to assist in remaining up to date with the conference app. The app will be available a few days prior to the start of the conference to allow attendees to begin to identify the sessions and activities they plan to attend.
- Pen and paper will never go out of style!
- Business cards are a great way to connect with fellow educators whether in hand or digital.
- Conference attendees will have the opportunity to build their individual profile within the conference app to assist in networking. Attendees are encouraged to complete their profiles prior to the first day of the conference.
- Business attire is appropriate for most general and breakout sessions.
- Shoes to your liking. All activities and events, with the exception of the pre-conference tours, will take place onsite at the hotel. The general session space, exhibit and breakout spaces are all in close proximity.
- Special Activities
- NABSE After Dark All Black Party (Casual Black Attire Encouraged)
- NABSE After Dark Old School Party (80s & 90s Attire Encouraged)
- Affiliates Night, Theme: "Welcome to Wakanda" (Dress Accordingly)
- NABSE Awards Banquet (Formal and Semi-Formal Attire Encouraged)
Getting To the Hotel
HOTEL SHUTTLE SERVICE: After landing and collecting your luggage, exit the doors on Level 2. Once outside, look for any one of the red hotel shuttle signs. Remain near the sign and watch for the Marriott Shuttle to approach. It is a larger white van that also includes branding for both the Sheraton and the Renaissance hotels. The shuttle will deliver you directly to the hotel.
RIDESHARE SERVICES: Rideshare services are available from a designated lot on the airport grounds. Rates can range anywhere from $10 to $40 for the short ride to the hotel depending on time of day.
NOTE: While the hotel is located only a short distance from the terminal, it is not feasible to walk to the distance due to traffic and construction.
WEDNESDAY, November 10, 2021 (Pre-Conference & Ticketed Events)
|7:30am – 8:00am||Tour Check-Ins|
|8:00am – 3:00pm||College Tour|
|8:00am – 3:00pm||Cultural Tour for the Soul|
|8:00am – 5:00pm||Parents Day Summit|
|9:00am – 9:30am||Golf Tournament Check-In (10:00am Start)|
|9:00am – 3:00pm||Aspiring Superintendents Academy|
|9:00am – 1:00pm||Youth Symposium|
|12:00pm – 8:00pm||Registration|
|1:00pm – 4:00pm||Sister to Sister (on location at a Los Angeles vineyard) *description below|
|1:00pm – 4:00pm||Brother to Brother (on location at a Los Angeles vineyard) *description below|
|3:30pm – 9:00pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|4:00pm – 5:30pm||NABSE Board Meeting|
|5:30pm – 7:00pm||NABSEF Board of Directors Meeting|
|7:30pm – 9:30pm||Dining with Divas|
|7:30pm – 9:30pm||Men on a Mission|
|9:00pm – 11:00pm||NABSE After Dark - Dance (Casual Black Attire)|
THURSDAY, November 11, 2021
|9:00am – 9:50am||Opening Plenary – Legislative Session|
|10:00am – 11:30am||Opening Plenary|
|11:30am – 12:00pm||Delegate Assembly|
|11:30am – 4:00pm||Exhibitor Hall Open|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||LUNCH on Your Own|
|1:00pm – 2:15pm||Workshop Series I +NABSE Legislative Session|
|1:00pm – 5:00pm||Superintendents|
|1:00pm – 4:00pm||Aspiring Superintendents Strand|
|2:25pm – 3:40pm||Workshop Series II +NABSE Legislative Session|
|3:45pm – 5:00pm||Commission Chair Meetings|
|9:00pm – 11:00pm||NABSE After Dark – Old School Party|
FRIDAY, November 12, 2021
|7:00am – 8:00pm||Registration|
|8:30am – 4:00am||Central Office Admin Institute|
|8:00am – 12:00pm||Higher Ed Strand|
|8:00am – 4:00pm||Exhibitor Hall Open|
|8:30am – 4:00pm||Governance Strand|
|8:30am – 4:00pm||Principals Symposium|
|8:30am – 4:00pm||Superintendents|
|8:30am – 9:45am||Workshop Series III|
|10:00am – 11:15am||Workshop Series IV|
|11:30am – 1:00pm||Founding Members Luncheon|
|1:15pm – 2:30pm||Workshop Series V|
|2:45pm – 4:00pm||Affiliate Presidents Meeting|
|4:00pm – 5:30pm||Superintendents Reception|
|7:00pm – 10:00pm||Affiliates’ Night|
SATURDAY, November 13, 2021
|8:00am – 12:00pm||Registration|
|8:00am – 12:00pm||Exhibit Hall Open|
|8:15am – 10:00am||Delegates Assembly|
|10:15am – 11:30am||Workshop Series VI +NABSE Legislative Session|
|10:15am – 3:30pm||Higher Ed|
|10:00pm – 3:30pm||Instr & Instructional Support|
|11:15am – 12:30pm||Workshop Series VII|
|12:30pm – 1:30pm||LUNCH on Your Own|
|1:30pm – 2:45am||NABSE’s Leading Ladies Series|
|1:30pm – 2:45pm||NABSE’s Men of Iron Series|
|3:00pm - 5:00pm||Enjoy the City|
|5:40pm – 6:30pm||NABSE Red Carpet|
|6:30pm – 9:00pm||Awards Banquet|
|9:00pm – 12:00pm||Closing Celebration|
SUNDAY, November 14, 2021
|9:00am – 10:30pm||Ecumenical Service|
|10:40am – 1:00pm||NABSE Board Meeting|
*INTRODUCING: Sister to Sister - Brother to Brother
Do you ever think about having the opportunity to share our experiences as Black men and women in leadership through affinity groupings? What is the history of Black men in education? The history of Black women? How do we stand in our power while taking our seats at the table?
Join us in LA for an afternoon of Brotherhood and Sisterhood as we fellowship with one another exploring the unique issues faced by Black men and women in leadership. Together in our affinity groups we will engage in an interactive session on a beautiful Los Angeles vineyard followed by a delightful afternoon in community. We look forward to an uplifting time. You will not want to miss this pre-service institute.