NABSE 02 2019A – Request for Proposal: Real Estate And Brokerage Services
The Board of Directors of the National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE) seeks a real estate firm to provide brokerage and marketing services for its corporate property which is owned by the Organization and located in Washington, DC.
It is the intent of this RFP to have the successful broker/firm enter into a Professional Services Contract with NABSE to supply real estate services as outlined herein.
The property consists of one commercial brick and stucco building with three floors. The ground floor houses two restaurants and the upper floors are individually used as corporate offices.
NABSE is expected to sell the building at top market rates in order to provide additional revenue to meet organizational needs.
To be considered, one copy of the of the proposal must be received by
Real Estate and Facilities Committee
The real estate firm will be paid strictly on commission basis and will be expected to work closely with the Executive Director provide him with progress reports regarding the efforts and results of the venture.
NABSE reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, or parts of proposals, if they are determined not to be the best interest of the organization.
An informational meeting and tour of the facility can be held by calling:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The successful firm shall agree to contract with NABSE to provide the following:
- Perform market analysis.
- Develop strategies for sale of property.
- Work with the NABSE’s Executive Director to negotiate the sale of the property with buyers/prospects.
- Coordinate real estate appraisals.
- Coordinate real estate transaction closings.
- Handle all other customary activities and services associated with real estate transactions. Attendance and presentations at meetings of Board of Directors of NABSE may be required.
Respondents to this RFP shall have the following qualifications:
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the State Real Estate Commission.
- Must have an excellent reputation in the real estate community.
- Must be knowledgeable in the local real estate market and have experience with commercial properties.
For proposal purposes, proposers must submit copies of certificates of insurance for general liability and workers compensation. The successful contractor must provide original certificates prior to commencing services.
The proposed fee schedule shall include the following items:
- State your commission rate for selling properties for all situations.
TERM OF CONTRACT
The contract period for the successful broker/firm will be from date of award for one year with renewable options up to three additional one-year terms. The contract may be terminated by either party with 60 (sixty) days prior notice.
EVALUATION AND AWARD PROCESS
Issuance of this RFP and receipt of proposals does not commit NABSE to award a contract.
We reserve the right to postpone receipt date, accepting or rejecting any or all proposals received in response to this RFP, or to negotiate with any of the brokers/firms submitting an RFP, or to cancel all or part of this RFP.
Firms submitting a proposal in response to this RFP may be required to give an oral presentation of their proposal. Additional technical and/or cost information may be requested for clarification purposes, but in no way will change the original proposal
submitted. Interviews are optional and may or may not be conducted.
- Knowledge of local real estate market and surrounding region.
- Residential real estate experience, qualifications and references.
- Proven real estate track record.
- Knowledge of various selling techniques.
- Ability of the contractor(s) to meet or exceed the requirements defined in the RFP.
- Fee schedule
Please direct any questions regarding this request to our Executive Director at 518-867-1926 or email@example.com.